The Difference Between DSSC And SSC In the Nigerian Army is the topic of our discussion today. DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission) And SSC (Short Service Combatant Commission) In The Nigerian Army Are very similar in many ways but they also have their differences.
Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a short-term training organized by the Nigerian Army for graduates from different institutions in the country.
The training takes a period of 6 months.
While Short Service Commission (SSC) Is also a short period of training organized for graduates from different institutions in the country and it also takes a period of 9 months. To know more about the DSSC and SSC, visit the Nigerian Army’s official website https://army.mil.ng
Now where people get confused is the difference between both of them. Now let me explain the difference between both.
Main Difference between DSSC and SSC In the Nigerian Army
The main Difference between DSSC and SSC is that
- Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Is mainly for those who already have a career that they want to continue in the military. If you have a career and want to join the Nigerian Army as a graduate, it’s better if you go for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC). What I mean by career is if you are already practicing what you studied in the university or polytechnic. An example is Doctors, Lawyers Accountants Education, and many others.
- Another Difference is Salary Difference. Since the DSSC starts from Lieutenant and SSC Starts from Second Lieutenant, the DSSC are to be paid higher than the SSC Immediately they become an officer in the Nigerian Army until they are of the same rank.
You can read about the Nigerian Army DSSC Ranks And Salary And The Nigerian Army SSC Ranks And Salary Structure
- While Short Service Combatant Commission (SSC) Is mainly for those that want to be Combatant in the army. They are mainly deployed in the Infantry, Artillery. They are trained for action in the field just like Regular Cadets. They are always in competition with the regular Officers who spend 5 years during their training. So when you want to join the Army as a graduate and want to be a Combatant, it’s better you join through SSC.
- Secondly, Those in the DSSC are always passing out with higher grades because of the career they entered with. The DSSC passes out as a full Lieutenant or captain or even major depending on the course or profession they entered with.
- SSC Always Passes out with the rank of Second Lieutenant and stays at least two years before they are promoted to the rank of full lieutenant.
- Another difference is that of Age. Those in the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) are likely to be older than the SSC. even when applying for both, you will see the difference Also Stated.
Those in the DSSC have fewer years to serve in the army due to the age factor. Most of the DSSC Candidates are mostly old.
- Another Advantage of Joining the Army DSSC is that you will become a lieutenant once you pass out from your Training while those of the SSC will pass out with a second lieutenant once they pass.
Though to join the Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC one thing is certain, Which is you need to be a graduate.
If you want to join the Nigerian Army DSSC or SSC, Visit the Nigerian Army Recruitment website at https://recruitment.army.mil.ng
One Reply to “Difference between DSSC and SSC In the Nigerian Army”
I am here by apply Nigerian army with confidence and zeal which i am very interested in it and I am very capable to do the job. I am an engineer by profession. And I have many working experience, thank for your cooperation .