Last Updated on January 11, 2024 by Twinbrodas
NDLEA Training allowance is the money which is paid to National Drug Law Enforcement Agency students who are under training.
The NDLEA is part of the Nigerian Paramilitary organization which is in charge of fighting drug abuse and trafficking. They are are also one of the highest paid Paramilitary organization in Nigeria. You can also read about our previous post on the NDLEA ranks and salary 2024.
Now talking about the NDLEA training allowance, the training allowance is in different categories. Those who applied using BSC and HND are paid higher than those who applied using SSCE certificate and NCE or National Diploma. So the question now is how much is paid to NDLEA Recruits under training. Let’s explain that below.
NDLEA Training Allowance 2024
The NDLEA training allowance ranges from N25,000 – N45,000 monthly for those who applied with BSC or HND while those who applied with SSCE, NCE and ND are paid between N15,000 – N25,000 Monthly.
Please note that the NDLEA training allowance is only meant for NDLEA students who are undergoing Training in the Agency. Once you graduate and become a full member of the agency, the training allowance will be cut off and you are only entitled to salary and few other benefits.
One good thing about the NDLEA training allowance is that it’s much better than some other training allowance meant for other Paramilitary agencies like the EFCC, Civil Defence and some other sister agency. You can read about the EFCC training allowance or the Civil Defence Training Allowance or even the Nigerian Army training allowance.
For those who are also interested in joining the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, we have previously written a post on NDLEA recruitment 2024 and requirements. You can refer to the post if you are interested in joining the agency.
Below is the basic requirements needed to join the agency.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess
National Identity Number (NIN). Also, computer literacy shall be
an added advantage for all cadres.
2024 RECRUITMENT EXERCISE
(APPLICATION ATTRACTS NO FEES)
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted
at the time of recruitment cannot be presented subsequently for career
progression in the Agency.
- Applicants must be medically fit and must produce a certificate of
medical fitness from a government hospital.
- Applicants must not be less than 20 years or more than 35 years of age for the first category while the age limit for the second and third categories is 30 years and not less than 18 years at the point of entry. However, 40 years will be considered for Medical Doctors and
Articulated Vehicle Drivers.
- Applicants’ height must not be less than 1.65 metres for male and 1.60 metres for female.
- Medical and Allied professionals must possess current practising licences while Lawyers must have been called to Bar.
- Applicants must be drug free and also be of good character and must
not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Applicants must use their personal email address and phone numbers when submitting their applications online.