Last Updated on May 29, 2023 by Twinbrodas
Nigeria Army Recruitment 2023/2024. The Nigeria army Recruitment 2023/2024 is what we will be discussing in this article. The process is open to all Nigerians who meet the age and educational requirements. Those interested in applying are encouraged to apply early before the closing date as the process is always competitive.
The Nigerian army is one of the largest in Africa, and has been involved in various peacekeeping missions across the continent. The Nigerian Army is also the main force in the fight against Boko Haram, an extremist group that has terrorized Nigeria for years.
The Nigeria army recruitment always comes as the country prepares to face a range of challenges, including insecurity, kidnapping and economic instability,. With its vast experience and manpower, the Nigerian army will play a vital role in meeting these challenges, that’s why there is always Recruitment each year. Now let’s talk about the Nigeria Army Recruitment for the year 2023/2024.
The Nigeria Army recruitment is always in three different categories and we are going to explain all in this article. To join the Nigeria Army, it’s either you join through the Nigerian Defence Academy, The Nigerian Army Recruits or you join the Nigerian Army as a graduate. Now let’s explain how to join each one and the requirements needed.
Nigeria Army Recruitment 2023/2024 Form/Portal
How to Join the Nigeria Army through the Nigerian Defence Academy
Joining the Nigeria Army through the Nigerian Defence Academy is a very good one but a very difficult task. Those who join the Nigerian Army through the Nigerian Defence Academy are to spend 5 years in the academy before passing out with the rank of second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army.Below is the requirements needed to join the Nigerian Defence Academy.
Nigeria Defence Academy Requirements
- Applicants must have a minimum of five credit passes at SSCE, That is WAEC, NECO or GCE or Any Equivalent Obtained from in not more than two sittings relevant to the faculty of their choices. Two of those five Credit must be English and Mathematics, Then at least one supporting relevant credits in addition to the credits in faculty of Military Science and interdisciplinary studies, faculty of arts and social science and faculty of Science. However, only one supporting relevant credit is needed in Faculty of Engineering.
- Applicants should be at least 17years of Age and not above 22 years old as at the time of registration.
- Candidates who wish to join the Nigerian AirForce must be between the Age of 17 and 18 at the Year of entry.
- Interested Applicants must not be less than 1.68meters tall in Male and 1.58 meters in Female.
- Interested Applicants must be physically and Medically fit and must be of a Good moral character.
- All Applicants must be single male and female without legal obligation to support child or any other individuals.
- All Candidates must provide their certificate of State of Origin obtained from the local government area of the applicant or a certificate of a State indigeneship obtained from the office of the State Governor.
- Interested Applicants awaiting results are not acceptable.
- Applications submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only Results that are not more than 5 years old are to be accepted.
How to Apply For the Nigeria Defence Academy
- All the applicants should logon to the application portal https://ndaapplications.net/, and select “Purchase Form” pay for their application via REMITA in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
- The applications forms must be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online.
- On the submission of the online application, applicants are to download an Acknowledgement Form
- Only the applicants who Possess the minimum admission requirements would be considered for the Screening Test.
- The UTME score for Engineering is 210 points. For those of Arts & Social Sciences and Science is 180 points.
Now let’s talk about the Nigeria Army Recruitment for non commissionsd officers.
The Nigeria Army recruitment for recruits is just a training of six months for qualified candidates to join the Nigerian Army and graduate with the rank of private Soldier. Below is the requirements to apply for the Nigeria Army recruitment 2023.
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent
- Be not less than 18 years and not more than 30 years of age
- Be medically and physically fit
- Have a minimum of 4 credit passes in WAEC/NECO including English and Mathematics
- Possess valid means of identification
- Have no criminal record
How To apply for the Nigeria Army Recruitment 2023.
The first step is to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria. Criteria for both the army can be found on the recruitment website https://recruitment.army.mil.ng. If you do meet the requirements, the next step is to create an account on the portal. Once you have an account, you can begin filling out your application. Be sure to upload all required documents and complete the application in full. If there are any issues with your application.
Lastly is joining the Nigeria Army as a graduate. Before you can join the Nigerian Army as a graduate, you need to possess HND or BSC or it’s equivalent. Below is the requirements to join the Nigerian Army as a graduate.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizen as it is defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- Applicants either male or female must be between the ages of 22 and 35 years old. This Age limit depends on the one you are applying for. DSSC or SSC.
- All Applicants must be mentally, medically, and physically fit. This must be confirmed by the Nigerian Army according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- All the Applicants must be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- All applicants must not have been convicted by a court of law. If you are Military personnel, you must not have any disciplinary case and must be confirmed so by the Commanding Officer/Commander
- All the Applied Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Your height must Measure at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females)..
- Applicants must possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences, or humanities from an accredited university or polytechnic. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of the study.
- All the Applicants must possess a valid birth certificate which must be signed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council, or a valid age declaration from the court of law.
- Applicants must have a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must have their NYSC certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and phone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin.
- All applicants must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos on their bodies.
- Candidates must provide all the original copies of educational certificates from primary to secondary school.
- All the Service personnel must present a valid military ID card and letter of recommendation from their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of official sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on the application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Failing to do so constitutes an offense in addition to disqualification at any stage.
- Candidates who wish to join the Nigerian Army as a Graduate must not be a member of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
To apply for the Nigerian Army as a graduate, You have to visit the Nigerian Army recruitment official website and apply for either DSSC or SSC https://recruitment.army.mil.ng