Last Updated on January 13, 2024 by Twinbrodas
The Nigerian Army is always recruiting for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC). The DSSC is a world-class training that provides training for military officers from all over Nigeria. If you are interested in applying for the Nigerian Army DSSC you need to visit the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Portal for more information. Now the Question is what is the Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Portal 2024?
Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Portal 2024
The Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment Portal is https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/ , when you visit the portal you are expected to select DSSC as the portal is also meant for SSC which means Short Service Commission. Though two of them is meant for graduates from different University or polytechnic, but there is still difference between them. You can read about the difference between DSSC and SSC
How to Apply for Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment
First, you have to create an account on the portal. This will require some basic information such as your name, email address, and phone number.
Once you have registered, you can login and complete the application form. Make sure you fill all the required fields, and don’t forget to upload your passport photograph where required.
It’s important to note that the recruitment process is competitive, so make sure your application is correct and go through every instructions before filling the form as any form of mistake can lead to automatic disqualification.
Nigerian Army DSSC Requirements
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizen as it is defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended.
- Applicants either male or female must be between the ages of 22 and 35 years old. This Age limit depends on the one you are applying for. DSSC or SSC.
- All Applicants must be mentally, medically, and physically fit. This must be confirmed by the Nigerian Army according to Nigerian Army Standards.
- All the Applicants must be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 referees who is either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- All applicants must not have been convicted by a court of law. If you are Military personnel, you must not have any disciplinary case and must be confirmed so by the Commanding Officer/Commander
- All the Applied Candidates must submit a Letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Your height must Measure at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females)..
- Applicants must possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit in the arts, sciences, or humanities from an accredited university or polytechnic. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of the study.
- All the Applicants must possess a valid birth certificate which must be signed by the National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council, or a valid age declaration from the court of law.
- Applicants must have a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants (other than serving members of the Armed Forces) must have their NYSC certificate or a valid certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and phone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin.
- All applicants must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos on their bodies.
- Candidates must provide all the original copies of educational certificates from primary to secondary school.
- All the Service personnel must present a valid military ID card and letter of recommendation from their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of official sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria. All service personnel applicants are under obligation to declare their service status on the application as required by Harmonised Terms and Conditions of Service for the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Failing to do so constitutes an offense in addition to disqualification at any stage.
- Candidates who wish to join the Nigerian Army as a Graduate must not be a member of any cult/secret society/fraternity.
The Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment portal is always open for both male and female.
To apply, you will need to have a valid email address and a scanned copy of your passport photograph.
The selection process will include a written examination and a physical fitness test.
Originally posted 2022-10-30 11:56:43.