NMS Admission 2023/2024 which also means Nigerian Military School is a type of admission meant for primary school students who want to enter secondary School and they wish to be a soldier in their career. On completion of the SSS 3, they graduate to become a soldier in the Nigerian Army after completing there SSCE. The admission is strictly for jss1 students.
Please note that NMS is different from Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA). Those who graduate from the Nigerian Military (NMS) Can still join the Nigerian Defence Academy to further their studies and graduate to become a Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army, Midshipman in the Nigerian Navy and Pilot Officer in the Nigerian AirForce. When you graduate from NMS, you obtain SSCE, and when you graduate from the Nigerian Defence Academy, you obtain BSC or Equivalent. Now let’s go down on how to apply for the Nigerian military school NMS 2023/2024.
Before you can be able to apply for the Nigerian military school NMS, you need meet up with the NMS students requirements. Below is the requirements for the NMS Admission 2023/2024
NMS Admission Requirements 2023/2024
Interested candidates must be male Nigerians whose age should be between 12 and 14 years at the time of entry into Nigerian Military School, Zaria. All candidates must have completed their primary school education and must further fulfill the following additional requirements:
- Candidates must purchase and correctly fill the Application Form at https://www.nms1954.sch.ng/apply when the admissions portal is opened to receive applications.
- Candidates must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Candidates are to report to the examination centre with the ORIGINAL COPY of their Application Form, Exam Photocard and Payment Advice as generated from the portal.
- Candidates must report at examination centre of their choice not later than 7:00am on the day of the examination.
- Candidates must sit for the examination at the centre they selected. No change of centre will be entertained 10 days to the closing date for applications.
- Candidates invited for selection interview will be made to undergo compressive physical and medical examinations.
- Candidates invited for selection interview will be required to come with original copies of Birth Certificate, completed Local Government Certificate of Origin, Exam Photocard and other materials to be announced and communicated to the candidates.
- All applicants are to note that the Nigerian Military School does not accept students on transfer from other schools. All candidates must enroll at JSS 1 and then work hard and diligently to complete their education and training up to SS 3.
NMS Application Portal 2023/2024
- NMS Application Forms are available online at the NMS Application Portal https://www.nms1954.sch.ng/admissions-portal/apply/
No physical or manual forms are avaialble. Interested candidates must fill and submit their Application Form online. Please note that the online Application Form can be accessed only within the application period.
Application for admission into NMS usually opens around February of every year and closes by middle or end of May. When the admission portal is opened.
Application Form into the Nigerian Military School attracts a token fee of two thousand and five hundred naira (₦2,500.00) only; inclusive of the bank transaction charges.
The fee can be paid directly online while filling the application form or the Transaction Slip could be printed and taken to a Bank Branch for payment. This fee might be reviewed from time to time.
All candidates must sit for the exams at their chosen Centre. Candidates are advised to report at their designated examination centres not later than 07:00 am on the day of Entrance Examinations.
Candidates who fail to sit for the Entrance Examinations for whatever reason are automatically disqualified.
Please Note that A compendium of past questions can be obtained from all the Nigerian Army Divisions and Brigade Education at the rate of One Thousand, Three Hundred Naira (₦1,300.00) only per copy.