Last Updated on May 29, 2023 by Twinbrodas
The Nigerian Army requirements for DSSC (Direct Short Service commission) for the year 2023 is what we will be looking at in this article.
This article will explain the requirements, as well as the necessary qualifications needed for the Nigerian Army DSSC recruitment. So if you are interested in joining the Nigerian Army through DSSC, continue reading as we keep on explaining how to be successful. Before we go down to the Nigerian Army DSSC Requirements, Let’s first explain what DSSC means.
What is the Nigerian Army DSSC?
The Nigerian Army DSSC which also means Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission is a type of recruitment that is always conducted by the Nigerian Army for Graduates who graduated from a recognized university or polytechnic in the country. It is strictly for graduates. We have already written an article about how to join the Nigerian Army as a Graduate. But due to the high demand on the requirements on the DSSC requirements, we have to write this article. Please note that the Nigerian Army also has another Recruitment which is also meant for graduates that is called SSC which means Short Service Combatant Commission. You can read about the difference between DSSC and SSS.
The Nigerian Army DSSC is open to both men and women who meet the requirements. The candidates are usually screened and selected through some process, which includes a written examination and interview.
The requirements for the Nigerian Army DSSC have been updated for the year 2023. Interested candidates are advised to read through the requirements and ensure that they meet all of them before applying.
What are the requirements for the Nigerian Army DSSC?
Nigerian Army DSSC Requirements
- You must Posses your SSCE certificate (West African School Certificate (WASC) or its equivalent with five credits including English and Mathematics.
- You must Posses Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent in relevant fields Not lesser than 2nd class Upper.
- For University Graduates, You must Posses Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 22 and 35 years by the time of applying.
- They must also possess excellent character
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit.
- You must have your NYSC certificate or letter of exemption.
- You must be a Nigerian and posses a valid means of identification.
For more information on the requirements, You can visit the Nigerian Army recruitment website www.recruitment.army.mil.ng
How to apply for the Nigerian Army DSSC
Here’s a quick guide on how to apply for the Nigerian Army DSSC:
- Go to the Nigerian Army recruitment website
- Scroll down and click on “DSSC.”
- On the DSSC page, click on “Apply”.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill out the application form.
- Attach all required documents and submit your application.
After a few weeks of application, Candidates are then shortlisted and must pass a series of tests, which include a written examination, an interview, and a physical assessment. Only the most qualified applicants will go for the DSSC training.