Last Updated on May 29, 2023 by Twinbrodas
The Richest Governors In Nigeria 2023. The question now is Who Are They. Read on as we list and explain the richest Governors presently in Nigeria 2023. Nigeria is a country of great wealth and opportunity. Its citizens are among the richest people in the world.
Nigeria’s governors are among the richest people in the country, with a few of them having a personal fortune that exceeds $1 billion. In this article, Gistbriefly.com will list the 10 richest governors in Nigeria and take a look at their sources of wealth.
Richest Governors In Nigeria 2023 And Their Net Worth
The Richest Governor In Nigeria Presently is Governor Abubakar Sani Bello. He is the executive Governor of Niger State with the Net Worth of $1B (₦500B).
Below is the complete list of the top 10 richest Governors in Nigeria 2023.
- Governor Abubakar Sani Bello (Niger State) – Net worth of $1b (~₦500B)
- Governor Ezenwo Nyesom Wike (Rivers State) – Net worth of $550m (~₦275b)
- Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rifai (Kaduna State) – Net worth of $400m (~₦200b)
- Governor Dapo Abiodun (Ogun State) – Net worth of $314m (~₦157b)
- Governor Charles Soludo (Anambra State) – Net worth of $300m (~₦150b)
- Governor Godwin Obaseki (Edo State) – Net worth of $225m (~₦113b)
- Governor Seyi Makinde (Oyo State) – Net worth of $126m (~₦63b)
- Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (Sokoto State) – Net worth of $27m (~₦13b)
- Governor Yahaya Bello (Kogi State) – Net worth of $26m (~₦12b)
- Governor Bala Mohammed (Bauchi State) – Net worth of $24m (~₦10b)
Sources of Wealth of some of the governors on this list is said to have come from political patronage, Businesses Investment and mostly corruption. Nigeria’s political system has recorded a high rate of corruption in the whole Africa., and governors have a great deal of power and influence, And because of that, some of the Governors were able to award government contracts to their allies and business associates, often without a bidding process. This has led to a great deal of money being siphoned off from the state office into their pockets.
In addition, many of the governors on this list have been involved in various business ventures. These ventures are often heavily subsidized by the state, giving them an unfair advantage over their competitors. This has allowed them to make enough wealth. Nigerian governors are one of the richest people in the country. Some of them have used their position of power to enrich themselves, often at the expense of the Nigerian people.