Visiting this page on our website shows that you want to know how to join the Nigerian Police Force. Don’t worry because you are In right place. In this article, we will be discussing the steps you need to take in order to become a police officer in Nigeria. Keep in mind that the process of joining the Nigerian Police Force is not easy. It takes a lot of time and effort, and there are many requirements that you must meet. we will walk you through every step of the process. So read on to find out how to join the Nigerian Police Force in 2023.
The Nigerian Police Force is open to anyone who meets the requirements. If you’re interested in joining the Nigerian Police, You need to meet there recruitment requirements. And also note that there are many ways for you to join the Nigerian Police Force and we will be discussing all in this post. The Nigerian Police Force is one of the most respected law enforcement organizations in the world. It is also a very prestigious organization to be a part of.
How To join the Nigerian Police Force
There are 3 major ways of joining the Nigerian Police Force.
- Joining the Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate (Cadet ASP Program)
- Joining the Nigerian Police Academy
- Joining through the Nigerian Police Recruitment.
Let’s start from joining the Nigerian Police as a Graduate.
I will not talk much on joining the Nigerian Police Force as a graduate as we have already written an article about how to join the Nigerian Police as a Graduate
In order to join the Nigerian Police Force as a graduate, you will need to meet certain requirements.
- All Applicant Must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth and posses a valid identification card
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years as of the time of applying.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in O’ Level Examinations SSCE (GCE, WAEC NABTEB,NECO) in not more than 2 sittings, and must have Credit in English and Mathematics.
- Applicants Must be physically, mentally, and medically fit.
- You must not have any Criminal record and must not have been convicted.
- Applicants must not have less than 86cm expanded chest measurement (for males only).
- Applicants that are female must not to be pregnant.
- Applicants height must Not to be less than 1.67m tall for males, and not less than 1.64m tall for females
- You must be a University or Polytechnic Graduate and posses HND or BSC.
To join the Nigerian Police Force as a Graduate, visit the Nigerian Police application portal http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/ and apply.
Now let’s go down to joining the Nigerian Police through the Nigerian Police Academy Polac.
We have also written a post on how to join the Nigerian Police Academy. So we will only giving you the requirements needed and how to apply. If you want to read more about how to join the Nigerian Police Academy, You can revert to this post.
Nigerian Police Academy Admission requirements
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- You must also be between the ages of 17 and 22 years old.
- You must have at least five credits in WAEC, NECO or NABTEB, including mathematics and English.
- You must also be physically and mentally fit,
- You must not have any criminal record.
- The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers
To apply for the Nigerian Police Academy, Please visit the Nigerian Police Academy Admission website http://www.polac.edu.ng/ and apply.
Lastly is joining the Nigerian Police Recruitment.
Also, we have written an article about Nigerian Police Recruitment 2023 and requirements needed to join the Nigerian Police Force.
Below is the requirements
Requirements for the Nigerian Police Recruitment 2023
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- You must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- You must have a minimum of SSCE education or its equivalent
- You must be physically and mentally fit
- You must not have any criminal record
- You must be of good moral character
To apply for the Nigerian Police Force recruitment, visit the Nigerian Police Recruitment website https://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/
The Nigerian Police Force is open to all Nigerians who meet the eligibility criteria. To be eligible, you must be a citizen of Nigeria and have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE/NECO, or its equivalent. You must also be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.