Nigerian Custom (NCS) is a paramilitary service in Nigeria. It is one of the country’s para-military organizations, alongside the Nigerian Police Force and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps. You can read about the Paramilitary Organizations in Nigeria and their Task. The NCS is answerable to the Ministry of Interior. The Nigerian Custom Service Salary has been a topic of discussion for a while now, with people trying to confirm what the ranks and salaries are. In this article, we will be looking at the latest information on the Nigeria Custom Salary for the year 2023
The Nigeria Custom Service, also known as Customs, is a Nigerian government agency responsible for the assessment and collection of customs duties and taxes on imports and exports. The agency is also responsible for monitoring and enforcement of customs laws. The Nigerian Custom Service employees of about 50,000 people and has a budget of about 1.5 billion naira. Before we talk about the salary in the Nigerian Custom Service, let’s first look at the ranks in the NCS.
Ranks in the Nigeria Custom Service
The Nigerian Custom Service Salary Structure is made up of different ranks. This is a system that classifies officers based on their responsibilities, level of education and experience. The ranks in the Nigerian Custom Service range from Entry Level to Assistant Inspector General of Customs. Each rank has a corresponding salary, allowances and other benefits.
The ranks in the Nigerian Custom Service are
- Superintendent of Customs,
- Deputy Comptroller-General, and
The salary of a Nigeria Custom Service officer depends on rank and years of service
Nigerian Custom Salary 2023
In Nigeria, the salary of a Nigeria Custom Service officer is between ₦45,000 and ₦500,000 per month. This salary may vary depending on the officer’s rank. Officers with higher ranks earn more than those with lower ranks.
Let me explain further.
The Nigeria Custom salary structure is based on ranks. The rank of an officer is determined by their years of service, educational qualifications, and professional experience. Officers with more years of service, higher educational qualifications, and more professional experience are given a higher rank. In addition to their salary, officers are also entitled to a number of allowances and benefits.
Nigerian Custom Service Ranks Salary 2023 and Ranks
- Customs Assistant – ₦398,506 – ₦450,321 Annually.
- Assistant Inspector of Custom – ₦457,358 – ₦511,484
- Inspector of Custom – ₦523,014 – ₦597,065
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs II – ₦878,956 – ₦908, 991
- Assistant Superintendent of Customs I – ₦1,102,562 – ₦1,123,535
- Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer – ₦1,134,027 – ₦1,252,03
- Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer – ₦1,168,172 – ₦1,335,234
- Assistant Comptrollers – ₦1,235,584 – ₦1,445,449
- Deputy Comptrollers – ₦1,629,447 – ₦1,825,589 Comptrollers – ₦1,749,829 – ₦1,946,281
- Assistant Comptroller-General – ₦2,262,288 – ₦2,474,560
Nigerian Custom Service salary structure
The Nigerian Custom Service salary structure is based on ranks. The rank of an officer is determined by their years of service, educational qualifications, and professional experience. Officers with more years of service, higher educational qualifications, and more professional experience are given a higher rank. In addition to their salary, officers are also entitled to a number of allowances and benefits.
Nigerian Custom Service Allowances
- House maintenance allowance
- General Services allowance
- Hardiness allowance
- Plain-Cloth allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Uniform maintenance allowance
- Utility allowance
- Hazard allowance
- Personal Servant.