Many people have been asking this question about who is the highest paid Prime Minister in the world, In this post we will be discussing about the highest paid Prime Ministers in the world top 5.
Before we go to the highest paid Prime Minister in the world, let’s first understand the meaning of Prime minister which is sometimes referred to as premier is the head of government in a country with a parliamentary or semipresidential political system. This simply means that they sometimes play the role of head of Government. They are also known as government leaders.
Please note that this post is for the prime Ministers. If you want to see the list of the highest paid president in the world, we have previously written a post about the highest paid president in the world.
Please also note that a prime minister is not the head of state, Instead, it can be referred to as the head of government, serving under either a monarch in a democratic constitutional monarchy or under a president in a republican form of government.
According to Wikipedia, In many systems, the prime minister selects and may dismiss other members of the cabinet, and allocates posts to members within the government. In most systems, the prime minister is the presiding member and chairman of the cabinet. In a minority of systems, notably in semi-presidential systems, a prime minister is the official appointed to manage the civil service and execute the directives of the head of state. Now that we understand what Prime Minister is all about, let’s see the highest paid in the world.
Highest Paid Prime Minister In The World Top 5
- The highest paid Prime Minister in the world presently is Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore who earns about $1,610,000 annually.
- The second on our list is the prime minister of of Australia. The Australian Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, comes second on our list after Lee Hsien Loong, earning up to $560,000 yearly.
- The Third on our list is the Prime Minister of New Zealand. The prime minister of New Zealand (Māori: Te pirimia o Aotearoa) is the head of government of New Zealand. The incumbent prime minister, Chris Hipkins, leader of the New Zealand Labour Party, took office on 25 January 2023. The Prime Minister of New Zealand earns am annual Salary of about $325,546
- The fourth on our list is the prime minister of Luxembourg who earns an annual Salary of about $278,000 monthly.
- The lowest paid prime minister in the world on our list is the prime minister of Liechtenstein who is paid about $254,660 monthly. Please note that this is not the lowest paid prime minister in the world but the lowest paid on our list of the highest paid prime ministers in the world 2023.