How to join the Nigerian Police as a Graduate is one of the questions my readers who are interested in joining the Nigerian Police has been asking. So in this post we will be looking at how to join the Nigerian Police as a graduate. The Nigerian Police Force is always recruiting frequently, This enables them to bring in fresh hands and fresh minds into the police Force and it also helps to reduce criminality and also strengthen the security in the country as the security work in the country lies in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force.
The Nigerian Police is one of the best Police in Africa but one thing people complain about the police force is the low payment of salary to it’s staffs, and this has made some of the Staff to do some illegal duties which is not allowed in the police force. You can read about the Nigerian Police Salary and Ranks. Please note that joining the Nigerian Police as a Graduate is not for SSCE holders as it is only for those who Posses HND or BSC from any recognized university or polytechnic in Nigeria. If you are SSCE holder, you can check out the Nigerian Police Recruitment for SSCE certificate holders.
This recruitment meant for graduates is also known as the Nigerian Police Cadet ASP Program. It takes a period of 9 months. So before you can be able to join the Nigerian Police as a Graduate, there are some requirements you must Posses. Let’s look at the requirements needed for the Nigerian Police Recruitment for Graduates. Please also note that Nigeria Police does not run this program every year. The program is run when they wish but mostly, it is when there is lack of Nigerian Police Officers in the police force.
Requirements Needed To Join The Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate
- All Applicant Must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth and posses a valid identification card
- Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years as of the time of applying.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in O’ Level Examinations SSCE (GCE, WAEC NABTEB,NECO) in not more than 2 sittings, and must have Credit in English and Mathematics.
- Applicants Must be physically, mentally, and medically fit.
- You must not have any Criminal record and must not have been convicted.
- Applicants must not have less than 86cm expanded chest measurement (for males only).
- Applicants that are female must not to be pregnant.
- Applicants height must Not to be less than 1.67m tall for males, and not less than 1.64m tall for females
- You must be a University or Polytechnic Graduate and posses HND or BSC.
How to apply for the Nigerian Police as a Graduate
To apply for the Nigerian Police as a Graduate, you need to first of all visit the Nigerian Police Recruitment website http://www.policerecruitment.gov.ng/ and click on ASP Program.
Fill in all the required information and submit. Please make sure to fill in a valid phone number and Email address as you will be contacted if you are shortlisted for the recruitment.