Last Updated on January 22, 2024 by Twinbrodas
Penn Foster High School Diploma: All You Need To Know. The program that is revolutionizing online learning for students across the globe.
Whether you’re a busy adult looking to earn your diploma or a high school student seeking flexibility and personalized support, this comprehensive guide has everything you need to know about Penn Foster’s esteemed program. From its flexible schedule options to its industry-recognized curriculum, get ready to embark on an educational journey like no other!
Introduction to Penn Foster High School Diploma
Penn Foster High School Diploma is an online high school diploma program. It is a self-paced program, which means that you can study and complete the coursework at your own pace. The program is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Read Also: Online Diploma Courses in India
The Penn Foster High School Diploma program consists of 10 units of study. Each unit contains several lessons, and each lesson has several activities. You will need to complete all of the lessons in a unit before you can move on to the next unit. In addition, there are midterm and final exams that you will need to pass in order to receive your diploma.
The cost of the Penn Foster High School Diploma program is $1295, which includes all books, materials, and access to online resources. Payment plans are available, and financing is also available through Affirm.
Features of the Program
The Penn Foster High School Diploma program is designed to fit the needs of busy adults like you. Whether you’re looking to finish your high school education, earn credits towards a college degree, or simply pick up some new skills, this program can help you achieve your goals. Here are some of the features that make the Penn Foster High School Diploma program stand out:
- Self-paced learning: You can study at your own pace and complete the program in as little as six months or take up to two years, depending on your schedule.
- Affordable: The program is priced at just $399, making it an affordable option for those on a tight budget.
- Accredited: The Penn Foster High School Diploma is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), ensuring that your diploma will be recognized by colleges and employers.
- Support available: If you need help along the way, Penn Foster offers 24/7 student support through email, phone, and live chat.
- Flexible payment plans: To make the program even more affordable, Penn Foster offers flexible payment plans with no interest.
- Career preparation: Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll receive a High School Diploma and have the opportunity to pursue a career in a variety of fields.
- Quality materials: Penn Foster’s curriculum is designed by experienced educators and includes interactive activities, videos, quizzes, and more.
- Job search resources: Penn Foster also offers career placement services, job search assistance, and resume building tools.
- Transfer credits: You can transfer up to six credits from a previous accredited high school and up to three additional credits from post-secondary institutions.
- Specialized programs: Penn Foster also offers specialized diploma programs in Business, Technology, Veterinary Science, and more.
- Worldwide access: No matter where you are in the world, you can access the program’s materials online.
- Convenient: With all the course materials available online, you can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Guaranteed success: Penn Foster offers a satisfaction guarantee for the High School Diploma program, so you can be sure that you’ll get the education and training you need to succeed.
- Earn college credit: Once you’ve completed the High School Diploma program, you can earn up to 12 college credits through Penn Foster College.
- Military members eligible for discounts: Penn Foster offers a 10% discount to United States military members and their families.
Types of Diploma Available
There are three types of diplomas offered by Penn Foster High School: the Standard Diploma, the College Preparatory Diploma, and the Honors Diplomas.
The Standard Diploma is the most basic level of diploma and is recommended for students who do not plan to attend college or enter the workforce immediately after graduation.
The College Preparatory Diploma is recommended for students who plan to attend college or enter the workforce immediately after graduation. This diploma requires more credits than the Standard Diploma and includes additional courses such as trigonometry and a foreign language.
The Honors Diplomas are the most advanced level of diploma offered by Penn Foster High School and are recommended for students who plan to attend a competitive college or enter a highly competitive workforce. These diplomas require more credits than both the Standard and College Preparatory Diplomas and include additional coursework such as Advanced Placement (AP) classes.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Penn Foster High School Diploma
There are both advantages and disadvantages to having a Penn Foster High School diploma. Some of the advantages include being able to study at your own pace, having access to online resources and support, and having a flexible schedule. Some of the disadvantages include not receiving face-to-face instruction, not being able to interact with classmates and teachers, and not having a traditional high school experience.
1. Flexible Schedule: Penn Foster offers an online curriculum, allowing students to study at their own pace and on their own schedules. This can be particularly beneficial for working adults or those with other commitments that may not allow them to attend traditional school.
2. Cost-Effective: Penn Foster’s courses are relatively inexpensive compared to other high school completion options. Additionally, there are no additional costs associated with textbooks or transportation.
3. Online Resources and Support: Students have access to a variety of resources and support, including video tutorials, practice tests, study guides and e-tutoring sessions.
1. No Face-to-Face Instruction: The lack of face-to-face instruction may prove challenging for some students who prefer the traditional classroom setting and benefit from direct feedback from teachers.
2. Limited Interaction With Classmates and Teachers: Since all learning is done online, there is limited interaction with classmates and teachers which may hinder student engagement in certain topics or activities that require collaboration or real time feedback from instructors.
3. No Traditional High School Experience: Penn Foster does not provide the same experience as attending a traditional high school. Students may miss out on social experiences such as extracurricular activities, sports teams and prom.
In conclusion, there are both advantages and disadvantages to having a Penn Foster High School diploma. The decision whether or not to pursue this option should be based on personal preferences and needs.
Requirements for Enrollment
In order to enroll in the Penn Foster High School Diploma program, you must be at least 16 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Additionally, you must have a valid credit card or PayPal account in order to pay for the program.
- Additionally, you must provide your contact information and a valid email address. You will also need to create a login and password for the Penn Foster online platform.
- Lastly, you must provide proof of your identity, such as a government-issued ID or driver’s license. You may also be asked to submit additional documents, depending on the country in which you live.
Cost of the Program
The cost of the Penn Foster High School Diploma program varies depending on which state you reside in. However, the average cost of the program is around $300. This cost includes the price of the textbooks and materials needed to complete the program.
Alternatives to a Penn Foster High School Diploma
There are a number of reasons why someone might want to consider an alternative to the Penn Foster High School Diploma. Perhaps they feel that the program is not a good fit for their learning style, or they are looking for a more affordable option. Whatever the reason, there are plenty of great alternatives out there.
Some people choose to go the traditional route and attend a brick-and-mortar high school. This can be a great option if you thrive in a face-to-face learning environment and want the structure and support of a traditional school. However, it’s important to keep in mind that this option can be quite expensive, especially if you live in an area with high tuition rates.
Another popular alternative is homeschooling. This allows you to tailor your education to your unique needs and interests, and you can usually do it at a fraction of the cost of traditional schooling. Keep in mind, though, that homeschooling requires a lot of time and effort on the part of both the student and the parent/guardian.
There are also many great online high school programs out there that can provide a flexible and affordable education. These programs often offer courses that cater to specific interests or career paths, so they can be a great way to get ahead in your chosen field. Some popular options include Khan Academy, EdX, and Coursera.
No matter what your reasons are for wanting to explore alternatives to the Penn Foster High School Diploma, there are plenty of great options out there. Do your research and consider all the different possibilities before making a decision.
Courses offered by Penn Foster High School
Penn Foster High School offers a variety of courses to help students earn their high school diploma. These courses include English, math, science, social studies, and electives. Each course is designed to help students master the material and earn credit towards their diploma.
Earn your High School Diploma from Penn Foster High School today! We offer a variety of courses to help you reach your goals. Our program is self-paced and flexible, so you can study at your own pace and on your own schedule. Plus, our affordable tuition makes earning your diploma a realistic goal. Get started today and take the first step towards your future!
- Reading and Comprehension
- Writing Skills
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Essay Writing
- Advanced Placement Composition and Literature
- Basic Math
- Algebra I & II
• Earth Science
• Biology I & II, Chemistry I & II, Physics I & II
- U.S. History
- World History
- Government & Politics Electives (Choose two)
- Business & Technology Education (BTEC)
- Health Education
- Computer Applications
- Fine Arts/Music/Drama
- Career Readiness Education
- Psychology & Sociology
- Physical Education & Health
- Spanish I & II
Is Penn Foster High School Diploma Legit
There are a lot of schools that offer online high school diplomas, but is Penn Foster High School diploma legit? The simple answer is yes! Penn Foster High School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the US Department of Education. So, you can be sure that your degree from Penn Foster High School will be respected by employers and colleges.
In addition to being accredited, Penn Foster High School also has a long history. It was founded in 1890 and has since graduation over 500,000 students. With such a long and successful track record, you can be sure that Penn Foster High School knows what they’re doing when it comes to distance education.
So, if you’re looking for a reputable and accredited online high school, then you should definitely check out Penn Foster High School. You can get your diploma in as little as six months, and you’ll have the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in college or your career.
Since Penn Foster High School is accredited, you can be confident that the degrees you receive from them will be respected and accepted by employers and colleges. So if you’re looking for an online high school to get your diploma from, then Penn Foster High School is a great option.
Colleges that Accept Penn Foster High School Diploma
There are many colleges that accept a Penn Foster High School Diploma. This is a great option for those who want to get their high school diploma but don’t have the time or money to attend a traditional high school. Here is a list of some of the colleges that accept a Penn Foster High School Diploma:
Brown Mackie College
Penn Foster High School Diploma is an excellent option for those who are looking for a way to gain their high school diploma. It offers flexible learning options which allow students to learn at their own pace and from the comfort of their own home. The curriculum is comprehensive, with courses in English, math, science, history and more.
Learn More: How to Get a High School Diploma After 21
Additionally, the support provided by the staff and faculty help ensure that every student succeeds. With all these features combined, it’s no wonder why so many people choose Penn Foster High School Diploma as a great choice for earning a high school diploma online.